To automatically download and install the license on your Barracuda NextGen F-Series hardware unit, connect to the system using Barracuda NextGen Admin. NextGen Admin transmits the serial number of your unit to the Barracuda Licensing service and initiates the activation process. After completing the customer information form and accepting the EULA, your license is activated and automatically downloaded and installed on your unit.
Before you Begin
Barracuda NextGen Admin must be able to connect to the Barracuda Licensing Servers on the Internet.
Automatically Download and Activate your Licenses
Log into the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series using NextGen Admin.
- (optional) Complete the Getting Started Wizard. For more information, see Getting Started.
- The activation process is initiated automatically after 30 seconds. You can also start the process manually by clicking on the blue arrow in the Licensing element on the DASHBOARD. A browser form with the activation form opens.
- After submitting your data the licenses are automatically downloaded. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Fill out the customer form, accept the License Agreement, and then click Activate.
- After the activation process successfully completes, you will receive a notification email from Barracuda Networks Customer Services.
- If you are using a high availability setup, your secondary Barracuda NextGen Firewall F waits for the license to be activated and then receives the license from the primary unit.
Your Barracuda appliance is now licensed and activated. Check Control > Licenses to see which licenses are installed on your unit.