To activate the license on your F-Series Firewall Vx or F-Series Firewall running in Azure or AWS, you must enter the license token and complete the Barracuda Activation form. Licenses are bound to the virtual MAC address assigned to the first network adapter of your VM.
In this article:
Before you Begin
- Locate the license token in the email you received from Barracuda Networks Customer Services after purchasing your F-Series Firewall Vx, Azure, or AWS license.
- NextGen Admin must be able to connect to the Internet.
Step 1. Enter the License Token
Use NextGen Admin to log into the firewall using the root user.
- Click the DASHBOARD tab and the General sub-tab.
Locate the License element on the dashboard.
- Click the arrow icon next to the Activation State entry and select Activate. The product activation window opens.
- Fill out the activation form.
- (Optional) Choose the option Save your customer data for later activations.
- Click Activate. After the activation process successfully completes, you will receive a notification email from Barracuda Networks.
- The firewall automatically downloads and installs the purchased licenses. T he license state on the Dashboard > General page changes to OK.
Step 2. Check the License Status
Go to the CONTROL > Licenses page and verify that all your purchased licenses are listed in the Active Licenses table.