You can configure several access types for the serial console of your Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series. Access via serial console is enabled for 'console only' by default.
The following access types are available:
- ConsoleOnly (COM1) – Enables system access using a terminal emulation program such as hyperterm via the serial interface COM1 (terminal emulation: ansi; baud rate: 19200).
- Management Only – Enables system access with the Barracuda NextGen Admin application via COM1. The default Mgmt Baud Rate setting is 57600.
- Console (COM1) And Management – Enables serial and management access. The default Mgmt COM Port setting is COM1. The default Mgmt Baud Rate setting is 57600.
DialinModem – Enables console access via a 56k dial-in modem.
Configure Serial Console Access
To enable system access via serial console,
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Administrative Settings page.
- In the left menu, click System Access.
- Click Lock.
- Enable Serial Access if you want to provide console access. To edit serial access settings,
- Click Edit in the Serial Settings section.
- Select the applicable access type from the Access Types list and adjust the settings if required. For example, enter the modem details in the Modem Init String field.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.