A URL Filter Match object acts as an application rule matching criteria. Application rules containing this type of object are only processed if the URL categories defined in the object are detected. If none of the defined URL categories match the traffic, the rule is not processed. Use this object type in your application rules to detect specific web content for additional processing, such as Quality of Service assignment.
Before You Begin
Before you create URL Filter Match objects, verify that you have enabled the URL Filter. For instructions on how to activate the URL Filter, see How to Enable Application Control. Otherwise, the URL Filter Match objects page is grayed out and you will not be able to create URL Filter Match objects.
Create an URL Filter Match Object:
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > Firewall > Forwarding Rules.
- Click Lock.
- In the left menu, expand Firewall Objects and click URL Filter.
- Create the URL Filter Match object by either right-clicking the table and selecting New > URL Filter Match Object or using the icons in the top-right area of the rule set.
- Either search or filter for the URL categories that you want to include in the object.
- Add an URL category by either dragging it to the Matching URL Categories section or clicking the plus sign (+) next to its name.
The selected category is now displayed in the Matching URL Categories list:
- Click Save.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
The URL Filter Match object is now displayed in the URL Filter Objects list and can be used in application rules. For more information, see How to Configure URL Filtering in the Firewall