The Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series generates Audit Log entries for both local and/or forwarding traffic. The Firewall Audit Info viewer is accessible by selecting the Firewall tab and clicking the Audit Log icon in the ribbon bar. The local Audit Info viewer is available on every Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series generating a Firewall Audit logfile.
Enable Audit Logs
Activate the generation of Firewall Audit data:
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Full Configuration > Box > Infrastructure Services > General Firewall Configuration.
- In the left menu, select Audit and Reporting.
- Expand the Configuration Mode menu and select Switch to Advanced View.
- Click Lock.
- In the Log Policy section enable Generate Audit Log.
- Click Set next to Audit Log Data.
- Select Regular Logfile from the Audit Delivery drop-down.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
Firewall Audit data is stored locally by default, but may be forwarded to the Barracuda NextGen Control Center or to a dedicated Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series running the Firewall Audit Log service for central audit log file collection. For more information, see FW Audit.