When deploying a new FSC, create the configuration on the Control Center and then import the configuration on the FSC. The FSC will then automatically connect to its assigned FSAC and Control Center.
Before You Begin
- Configure the FSC Access Cluster and Control Center. For more information, see Secure Access Concentrator and Control Center Deployment.
- Configure the FSC using the Secure Connector Editor. For more information, see How to Add a Secure Connector Configuration.
Step 1. Export the FSC Configuration File
Export the sca.conf configuration file.
- Go to your cluster > Cluster Settings > Secure Connector Editor.
- In the SC List, right-click the FSC and select Export SC.
scaas the File name and click Save.
The file must be called sca.conf. Otherwise, you will not be able to import it on the FSC.
Step 2. Copy the Configuration File to the FSC
You can copy the configuration file to the FSC either via USB cable, where the FSC acts as a USB mass storage device, or via web interface. As the sca.conf file contains sensitive information, such as certificates and network settings, do not use unsafe distribution methods, such as unencrypted emails or cloud storage, to distribute the configuration.
Import the File via USB Mass Storage (OTG)
Connect the FSC with a USB cable to your client PC and copy the FSC configuration file to the device. The configuration is automatically applied when the FSC is rebooted.
- Use a micro to standard USB cable to connect the OTG port with a USB port on your client PC.
- Wait for your client PC to recognize the FSC as a mass storage device.
- Verify the file name of the FSC configuration file is sca.conf.
- Copy sca.conf to the USB storage of the FSC.
- Unplug the USB cable and reboot.
The configuration is automatically applied on first boot. The FSC configuration file is not removed from the device, but only applied once.
Import the File via FSC Web Interface
The FSC listens on 192.168.200.200 on the LAN port. You must configure your client PC to connect to the FSC and then use the web interface to upload the configuration file.
- Change your client PC IP address to:
- IP address – 192.168.200.100
- Netmask – 255.255.255.0
- Gateway – 192.168.200.200
- Connect your client PC to the LAN port of the FSC.
- Open a browser and go to
- Log into the Secure Connector:
- Username – Enter
- Password – Enter
- Username – Enter
- Click Sign In.
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Administration.
- Click Retrieve Lock.
- In the BACKUP section, click Choose File and select the sca.conf file created in step 2.
- Click Apply backup.
- Click Activate Configs.
- Click Release Lock.
Your FSC now automatically connects to its assigned FSAC. The WAN LED turns green and the VPN LED red when a connection has been established. The device is now visible on the VPN page of the FSAC and Status Map of the Control Center