To authenticate users connected to Aerohive access points, you must stream the syslog containing the authentication data to the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series.
- Aerohive AP230 802.11ac Wireless AP Version 6.4r1a
- Aerohive Networks HiveManager Online 6.4r1
Enable syslog streaming on the Aerohive AP
- Log into the Aerohive Networks HiveManager.
- Go to Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Management Services > Syslog Assignments.
- Click New and configure syslog streaming:
- Syslog Server – Select the IP address of the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series from the dropdown.
- Severity – Select Info from the dropdown.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
Add syslog configuration to network policy
Add the syslog configuration to the Network Policy you are using for your access points.
Verify that the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series is receiving the syslog data
On the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series, go to LOGS and open the Box > Control > AuthService_wifiap.log. After a successful authentication, you will see a
logged in user <username> with IP <IP address> line in the log. The Wi-Fi access point name is also listed.