A BIOS update is needed if you want to use the M805 network module in a Barracuda NextGen Firewall F800B or F900 Rev A.
Before you begin
- Verify the firewall is running firmware 5.2.10 or 5.4.2 with Hotfix 597 or higher.
- Go to CONTROL > Resources > Mainboard Info and verify that the BIOS date is before 05/13/2014. Firewalls with a BIOS date 05/13/2014 or newer do not need to be updated.
- Download Rufus: http://rufus.akeo.ie/
- Download the BIOS update archive for your model using the link you received from Barracuda Technical Support.
Step 1. Create a bootable FreeDOS USB drive
You must create a bootable FreeDOS USB drive to be able to update the BIOS.
Plug in your USB drive.
- Launch Rufus.
- Configure a bootable FreeDOS USB drive:
- Device – Select your USB drive.
- Partition scheme – Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI.
- File system – Select FAT32.
- Select Create a bootable disk and select FreeDOS from the drop-down list.
- Click Start:
Step 2. Download the BIOS update
Copy the BIOS update file to the USB drive.
- Download the ZIP file containing the BIOS update.
- Unzip the archive and copy the content to the USB drive.
Step 3. Boot from USB stick and update the BIOS
Boot your firewall with the USB stick, and then trigger the BIOS update from the command line.
- Shut down the Firewall.
- Plug the USB stick into the appliance
- Boot the appliance.
- At the prompt, change into the directory with the BIOS update.
- Reboot the firewall.
The BIOS of your firewall is now updated. You can now use the M805 network module.