To recover the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series, format a USB flash drive and import the NextGen Firewall F-Series ISO image to the drive. You can also include PAR/PCA files and hotfixes. If you are including a PCA file, verify that the password for the PCA file is set to the serial number of your hardware appliance.
If you include hotfixes, they are installed in alphabetical order after the firmware in the post-install section. A reboot is required after hotfix installation.
Video: Resetting to Factory Defaults
In this video, you can see how to reset your hardware appliance to factory defaults.
Before You Begin
Before installing the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series, you must have the following:
- Empty USB flash drive of at least 2 GB.
- Barracuda F-Series Install application.
- NextGen Firewall F-Series ISO image.
- You must install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 on your computer to use Barracuda F-Series Install.
- (optional) PAR or PCA file.
You can download the Barracuda F-Series Install and ISO image from the Barracuda download portal.
Step 1. Prepare the USB Flash Drive for Installation
- Insert the USB flash drive into an available USB port on your client.
- Launch Barracuda F-Series Installer with administrative privileges.
Select Auto Installation USB Flash Drive.
- Click Next.
- From the Write to USB flash drive list, select Yes.
- From the Save to list, select your USB flash drive.
- Click Next.
- Select the Format USB flash drive check box.
- To import an ISO Image, click Import and select copy ISO Image from your disk.
Select the ISO image on your disk and click OK.
To include PAR Files, click Modify. Import one or more PAR or PCA files.
To include Patches or hotfixes, click Modify. Import the patch or hotfix archives.
- Click Next.
- In the Installation Mode Settings section, click Import and import the Barracuda ISO image.
- Click Next. The installation details window opens.
Click Finish. The files are written to the USB flash drive.
When the USB Drive Formatted Successfully window opens, click OK. The USB flash drive is now prepared for installation.
Step 2. (Optional) Manually Add Hotfixes or Patches
To manually add hotfixes or patches to an existing recovery USB stick:
- On the formatted USB flash drive, create the following directory:
- In the
hotfixesdirectory, add the hotfixes. It is recommended that you rename the hotfixes with prefixes, such as 01_ and 02_.
Step 3. Install the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series or Control Center
Start the installation by inserting the USB drive and rebooting the NextGen Firewall F-Series or Control Center.
- Safely remove the USB flash drive from your client.
- Plug the USB flash drive into your Barracuda appliance and then power the unit on.
- An acoustic signal indicates the successful installation.
- Remove the USB flash drive from the appliance and reboot the unit.
- Launch Barracuda NextGen Admin and .