The web interface is an alternative configuration management tool to Barracuda Firewall Admin that lets you access the CloudGen Firewall through a modern web browser. The web interface is available for stand-alone hardware appliances for the CloudGen Firewall F18, F80, F180, F183, F280, F380, and F400 as well as for virtual deployments on VMware and the Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and Google Cloud Platform public clouds. F180R and F183R do not support the web interface.
When managing your CloudGen Firewall configuration through the web interface, be aware of the following:
- Only a subset of the firewall features and services available in Barracuda Firewall Admin are configurable in the web interface.
- Barracuda Firewall Admin can be used in monitoring mode only. In other words, the firewall configuration is read-only in Barracuda Firewall Admin. Monitor mode is indicated by the small yellow triangle icon on the top of the tab.
- In case the firewall becomes managed by a Control Center, the configuration will fall under full control of the Control Center. In this case, the web interface is automatically disabled and shut down.
When switching from the web interface administration to Barracuda Firewall Admin, the current firewall configuration is automatically saved on the firewall for later reactivation in case you want to switch back from Barracuda Firewall Admin to the web interface. When managing the firewall configuration from Barracuda Firewall Admin, the web interface is no longer available.
Switching from the Web Interface to Barracuda Firewall Admin
Managing the configuration via Firewall Admin automatically disables the web interface. You have two options for switching from the web interface to Firewall Admin:
- When logging into Barracuda Firewall Admin
- During a Barracuda Firewall Admin session
Although the firewall configuration used by the firewall is automatically saved when switching to Firewall Admin, Barracuda Networks recommends to additionally create a PAR file of your current firewall configuration. This ensures that the configuration can be restored, even after a hardware failure or re-installation of the firewall.
For more information, see How to Switch from the Web Interface to Barracuda Firewall Admin.
Switching from Barracuda Firewall Admin to the Web Interface
When switching from Firewall Admin to the web interface, Barracuda Networks recommends to create a backup of your current firewall configuration into a PAR file.
For more information, see How to Switch from Barracuda Firewall Admin to the Web Interface.
For more information on how to back up your Firewall Admin configuration, see How to Back Up and Restore Firewall Configurations.