To reserve the same IP address for known DHCP clients, configure IP address reservations using MAC-to-IP address mapping. DHCP reservations must reside outside of the DHCP range.
Before You Begin
- Configure the DHCP service. For more information, see How to Configure the DHCP Service.
- Identify the IP addresses to be mapped to your client's MAC addresses. The MAC address of a client can be found on the DHCP tab in the MAC Address column.
Configure IP Address Reservations for DHCP Setup
- Go to NETWORK > DHCP Server.
- In the ACTIVE LEASES section, click + in the Actions column. The Add DHCP static lease window opens.
- Enter the following settings:
- IP Address – Enter the IP address that you want to assign to the system. Click + next to the address line.
- Hostname – Enter a name for the system to be assigned a static address. For example,
- MAC Address – Enter the MAC address of the selected system. You can also copy the MAC address from the Active Leases section.
- (optional) Client ID – Enter the client identifier for this client.
- Click Save.