If the default Application Control pattern database does not include an application that you want to use in your application rules, you can create a custom application object. Select a template for an existing application, and configure it to match the application that you want to drop, throttle, prioritize, or report.
Create a Custom Application Object
- Go to FIREWALL > Application Objects.
- In the Custom Application Objects section, click Add Custom Application Object.
- The Add Custom Application Object window opens.
- Customize the fields:
- Name – Enter the name for the application.
- Description – Enter a description for your application.
- From Base Type, select one of the following options:
- Web Browsing – Create matching criteria based on URL host ( www.acme.com ) or URL path (/images?/)
- Facebook Apps – Use the canvas name of the FB application: https://apps.facebook.com/<canvasname>.
- Google+ Games – Use the application name to create a custom Google+ game application.
- SSL – Create matching criteria based on X.509 certificate content.
- Reddit Category – Use the Reddit category to create a custom Reddit application.
- Nasza-klasa Games – Use the game ID to create a custom Nasza-klasa game application.
- From Category, select an option that best describes the software category of your application.
- From Properties, select the type of risk your software best complies to and click + to add the entry.
- From Risk, select the level of risk. 1 means minimum and 4 means maximum risk.
- Domain – Enter the domain name your application and click + to add the entry.
Path – Enter the path as part of the domain name and click + to add the entry. You can use the wildcards '*' and '?' within the path. Example: If the URL is
the path is entered as: user/search.do\?resetForm* where * is used as a wildcard character and ? is escaped with a backslash because it is part of the original URL.
- Click Save.
Your Custom Application Object is now added.