Before You Begin
Before you configure MSAD DC Client authentication, you must install the Barracuda DC Agent on the Microsoft Active Directory server.
For more information, see Barracuda DC Agent for User Authentication.
Configure the MSAD DC Client
Configure the CloudGen Firewall to communicate with the Barracuda DC Agent and specify the domain controllers where the Barracuda DC Agent is installed.
- Go to USERS > External Authentication.
- Click the DC Agent tab.
- Set Enable Single Sign-On to Yes.
- In the Domain Controller IP field, enter the IP address of the domain controller running the DC Agent. The CloudGen Firewall polls the DC Agent to obtain the list of users authenticated against this domain controller.
- Enter the DC Agent Listening Port. Default:
- In the Synchronization Interval field, specify the time interval in seconds at which the firewall should poll the DC Agent for the list of authenticated users. The recommended value is 15 seconds.
- Click Add.
- Enter the username in the Exempt User Name field to exclude specific domain users. You can use Perl-compatible regular expression (PCRE) pattern-matching notation, such as \w for any alphanumeric character or \W for any non-alphanumeric character.
- Click Add.
Remove the User from the User Database
On the BASIC > User Activity page, right-click the user and click Logout Selected. The user now must re-authenticate on the domain controller, for example by accessing a network share or by logging into his/her workstation.