To authenticate users connected to Aerohive access points, you must stream the syslog containing the authentication data to the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall.
- Aerohive AP230 802.11ac Wireless AP Version 6.4r1a
- Aerohive Networks HiveManager Online 6.4r1
Step 1. Enable Syslog Streaming on the Aerohive AP
- Log into the Aerohive Networks HiveManager.
Go to Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Management Services > Syslog Assignments.
- Click New and configure syslog streaming:
- Syslog Server – Select the IP address of the firewall from the drop down.
- Severity – Select Info from the drop down.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
Step 2. Add Syslog Configuration to Network Policy on the Aerohive AP
Add the syslog configuration to the Network Policy you are using for your access points.
Verify that the Firewall is Receiving the Syslog Data
On the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall, go to LOGS and verify that the firewall is receiving the syslog data. After a successful authentication, you will see a
logged in user <username> with IP <IP address> line in the log. The Wi-Fi access point name is also listed.