Beyond its powerful network firewall and VPN technologies, the CloudGen Firewall provides seamless integration with all authentication methods (e.g., Active Directory, RADIUS, LDAP/s, etc.) to facilitate policy configuration based on the actual user and group information and not just IP addresses. User visibility and control is a significant factor for handling network traffic and creating policies. If you do not have an external authentication server available, you can create and maintain a list of local users and groups on the firewall. The firewall can also use the Barracuda DC Agents on the MSAD server and the Barracuda Terminal Server Agents on the Microsoft Terminal Server to provide fully transparent user authentication.
You can use local and external authentication for the following services and features:
- Forwarding Firewall and Firewall Authentication
- URL Filter
- VPN Service (C2S VPN and SSL VPN)
By integrating the CloudGen Firewall with your authentication server, you can configure policies that apply to specific users and groups. The CloudGen Firewall lets you configure a range of external authentication schemes, such as
- Microsoft Active Directory (MSAD)
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Wi-Fi AP Authentication
- Barracuda DC Agent
- Barracuda Terminal Server Agent
- Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP)
If no external authentication service is available, NGF Local Authentication locally manages users and groups on your CloudGen Firewall.
For more information, see: How to Configure NGF Local Authentication.
To grant guest users access to the network, you can use the following methods:
- Confirmation Page – Prompts guests to agree to Terms of Service before they can access the network. For more information, see How to Configure Guest Access with a Confirmation Page.
- Guest Ticketing – Assigns guests with tickets that give them credentials to temporarily access the network. For more information, see How to Configure Guest Access with the Ticketing System and How to Manage Guest Tickets - User's Guide.