Step 1. Add a Source-Based Route
- Go to NETWORK > Routing.
- In the Target Network field of the Gateway Route Configuration section, enter the IP address and netmask of the target network in CIDR format, e.g.,
- In the Gateway field, enter the IP address of the next hop or gateway. This gateway must be reachable by a direct route.
- Enter the source IP address into the Source Address field, e.g.,
- From the Classification drop-down menu, select the relevant network.
Specify Metric and Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) for the route, if required.
If more than one route to the same target network exists, you must assign a unique metric value to each route. The lowest metric (or preference number) specifies the preferred route. If the gateway becomes unreachable, the route with the next lowest metric will be used.
Step 2. Perform a Network Activation
After you create or change basic network configurations such as routing, you must activate your new network configurations.
- Scroll to the top of the page.
Click on the link in the warning message to activate the new network configuration.
The source-based route is now displayed in the NETWORK ROUTES table.