An application object is a reusable combination of predefined applications and custom applications. You can use application objects to create your own set of applications with custom Include and Exclude lists.
Create a List Based Application Object
- Go to FIREWALL > Application Objects.
- In the List Based Application Objects section, click Add List Based Application Object.
- The Add List Based Application Object window opens.
- Customize the fields:
- Name – Enter the name for your set of applications.
- Description – Enter a description for your set of applications.
- Show – Click a button to choose whether you want to display all applications and objects in the list for selection, or just applications, objects or custom applications.
- From Category, select an option that best describes the software category of your application.
- From Properties, select the type of risk your software best complies to.
- From Risk, select the level of risk. 1 means minimum and 4 means highest risk.
- Filter – If already known, enter the name of the application or object in this field.
- Click + to add the desired application to the table of selected applications.
- Repeat the last steps until all desired applications show in the Selected table.
- After completing the list of selected applications, click Save.
Your own set of applications now shows in the table of List Based Application Objects.