The Redirect to Service access rule rewrites the destination IP address and forwards the traffic to a service running on the firewall. For example, you can use an app redirect rule to transparently redirect all web traffic over the SIP proxy service.
Create a Redirect-to-Service Access Rule
- Go to FIREWALL > Access Rules.
- Click Add Access Rule to create a new rule. The Add Access Rule window opens.
- Select Redirect to Service as the action.
- Enter a name for the rule. E.g.,
- Specify the following settings that must be matched by the traffic to be handled by the access rule, and click + after each entry:
- Source – The source addresses of the traffic.
- Redirect to Service Details – Select the service the traffic should be redirected to.
- Destination – The destination address(es) of the traffic.
- (optional) Configure Advanced settings. For more information, see Advanced Access Rule Settings.
- Click Save.
- Drag and drop the access rule so that it is the first rule that matches the traffic that you want it to forward. Ensure that the rule is located above the BLOCKALL rule; rules located below the BLOCKALL rule are never executed.
Additional Matching Criteria
- Valid for Users – For more information, see User Objects.
- Apply only during this time – For more information, see Schedule Objects.