To use an Apple iOS device to connect to a client-to-site IPsec VPN without having to import a certificate, use shared key authentication.
Configure the Apple iOS Device
Before you configure the Apple iOS device:
Verify that the Apple device is running iOS version 5.1 or above.
- Verify that a client-to-site IPsec VPN with shared key authentication has been properly configured.
To configure an Apple iOS device for IPsec VPN connections with the CloudGen Firewall:
- On the Apple iOS device, tap Settings > General > VPN > Add VPN Configuration.
- On the Add VPN configuration screen, tap the IPSec tab.
- Configure the following settings:
Server – The IP address or FQDN that the VPN service is listening on (e.g.,
- Account and Password – Your username and password.
Group Name – The access policy name for the client-to-site VPN on the firewall you want to connect to (e.g.,
- Secret – The shared key.
- Server – The IP address or FQDN that the VPN service is listening on (e.g.,
- Tap Save in the top-right corner. The VPN configuration then appears on the VPN screen.
Connect to the VPN with the Apple iOS Device
After configuring the Apple device, you can connect to the IPsec VPN.
On your Apple iOS device, tap Settings and then turn on VPN. After a few seconds, the VPN icon appears in the status bar to indicate that the connection is successful.