To use an Android device to connect to a client-to-site IPsec VPN without having to import a certificate, use shared key authentication. Your device must use Android version 4.0 or above.
Configure the Android VPN Client
- On the Android device, tap Settings.
- In the Wireless & Networks section, tap More.
- Tap VPN.
- Add the VPN by tapping the plus sign (+) next to VPN.
- On the Edit VPN profile page, configure these settings:
Name – Enter a name for the VPN connection (e.g.,
- Type – Select IPSec Xauth PSK.
Server address – Enter the network address for the VPN service (e.g.,
IPSec identifier – Enter the group policy name that you entered for the IPsec PSK VPN on the NextGen X-Series Firewall (e.g.,
IPSec pre-shared key – Enter the PSK.
- Name – Enter a name for the VPN connection (e.g.,
Connect to the VPN with the Android Device
After configuring the Android device, you can connect to the IPsec VPN.
- On the device, navigate to the VPN screen.
- Tap the name of the VPN that you want to connect to (e.g., IPsecWithSharedKeys).
Enter your Username and Password, and then tap Connect.