Barracuda CloudGen F-Series Firewalls with built-in Wi-Fi can configure the Wi-Fi to act as a Wi-Fi client or Access Point. Configuring the Wi-Fi card as a client allows you to use Wi-Fi networks as a WAN connection.
Before You Begin
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Network and verify that all configured direct attached routes for the Wi-Fi interfaces are removed or disabled in the routing table.
- When configuring multiple Wi-Fi networks, verify that every Wi-Fi service has its own IP address entered in the Service Properties configuration. This IP address must also be configured as a virtual server IP address on on the virtual server.
Step 1. Add Wireless Networks
Add the configuration of the wireless network you want to connect to. You can configure more than one wireless network.
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Network.
- Click Lock.
- In the left menu, click Wi-Fi.
- Set Wi-Fi Enabled to yes.
- From the Location drop-down list, select your country.
- From the Wi-Fi Operation Mode drop-down list, select Wireless Client.
- Set Standby Mode to no.
- Select the Network Selection Mode:
- Explicit Network Selection – Use the Selected Network configured below.
- Opportunistic Network Selection – Select the wireless network configured in the Wireless Networks - Client list with the best signal strength.
- Click + to add a wireless network to the Wireless Networks Client list.
- Enter a Name.
- Click OK. The Wireless Networks window opens.
- Enter the Network SSID.
- Select the IP Assignment mode:
- Configure the Authentication settings to match your wireless network:
- Authentication Mode
- 802.11i Security
- Encryption Mode
WPA Preshared Key – Enter the passphrase if WPA Preshared Key is selected as Authentication Mode.
- EAP Credentials – Click Set to enter the EAP scheme configuration if a WPA EAP authentication mode is used.
- To use the DNS servers provided by the Access Point, set Use Provider DNS to yes.
- (IP Assignment via DHCP only) Configure Routing through the DHCP interface to configure a default route and the metric.
- Click OK.
- (Explicit Network Selection Mode only) Select one of the wireless networks you configured in step 1.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
Step 2. Activate the Network Changes
Activate the network configuration with a Failsafe network activation.
For more information, see How to Activate Network Changes.