The TFTP module can be used for all UDP applications which maintain their connection on a different port than their initial starting port - Trivial FTP is the most common example.
The following scenario shows the connection situation for an UDP connection of tftp kind:
The client initiates a connection on port 69 with a Transfer Identifier (TID). The TID refers to the UDP port on the client which is subsequently used for all additional communication freeing port 69 for other clients.
Add the TFTP Plugin Module
To add the TFTP plugin module in a service object:
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > Firewall > Forwarding Rules.
- In the left menu, click on Services.
- Click Lock.
- Right-click the table and select New. The Edit/Create Service Object window opens.
- Create a service object or edit an existing service object.
- In the Edit/Create Service Object window, double-click a service.
- In the Service Entry Parameters window, enter tftp in the Plugin field.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.