Create a network object containing an IP address, a reference to another network object, and a network.
Create a Network Object
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Virtual Servers > your virtual server > Assigned Services > Firewall > Forwarding Rules.
- In the left menu, click Networks.
- Click Lock.
- Right-click the table and select New. The Edit/Create Network Object window opens.
- Enter a Name for the network object. E.g.,
- In the Include Entries section, click + . The Edit/Create Include Entry window opens.
- For each Include Entry:
- Enter the IP address that should be included in the IP field.
- (optional) Enter the MAC address. This is evaluated only when the network object is used as the Source in an access rule.
- (optional) Enter the Interface. This is evaluated only when the network object is used as the Source in an access rule.
- Click Insert to add additional entries, or Insert and Close to insert when your are done.
- In the Exclude Entry section, add the IP addresses that should be excluded from the rule.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
You can now use the network object in your access rules. When creating or editing an access rule, click Object Viewer in the left menu to see a list of all available network objects.