To administer operative processes on the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall mail gateway, you must be logged into the firewall box hosting the Mail Gateway service (as well on CC administered boxes, log into the box itself and not into the Barracuda Firewall Control Center). The administration interface can be accessed by clicking MailGW in the box menu.
General Characteristics of the Mail Gateway Interface
In each tab, email entries are arranged in an ordered list. This list is topped by a filter section area. Filters may be applied to each available column to narrow down the view. By default, all columns are marked with an asterisk (*), which stands for a character string of any length.
- Press Enter or click reload to refresh the view after having defined a filter. As soon as a filter applies the filtered value is displayed highlighted in yellow and the filter is flagged with an exclamation mark.
- Changing the column sequence – Information situated in the main window of each operational tab is captioned with a title bar. The data sets themselves are arranged in columns. The column sequence may be adjusted to personal needs either by using the standard context menu or by dragging and dropping the respective column to another place.
- Ordering data sets – Data sets may be arranged ascending or descending respectively by clicking into the column labeling of the respective title bar. The information may not only be sorted alphabetically, but also with regard to a specific status.
Context Menu Entries
- Right-clicking into any configuration area without selected item, makes the standard context menu available through the menu item Tools.
- A menu item Show in Sections is included in most operational tabs. It allows switching between two views, the classical view, a continuous list, or a list combining groups of elements. In the section view, each section is topped by a section header.
For more information, see MAILGW Tab.
Grey Listing Tab
The Grey Listing tab provides information on email delivery attempts that have reached the gateway, and are associated with the grey listing configuration in the mail gateway settings (see: How to Configure Content Stripping, Grey Listing, and Blacklists).
For more information, see How to Use the Grey Listing Tab.
Logs, Statistics and Events
On the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall mail gateway interface you can also configure and manage logs, statistics and eventing processes.
For more information, see Logs, Statistics, Events.