Step 1. Configure an IPv6 Gateway Route
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Network.
- In the left menu, click Routing.
- Click Lock.
- Click + to add a gateway route to the IPv6 Routing Table:
- Name – Enter a name.
Target Network Address – Enter the IPv6 network. E.g.,
::0/0for the default route
- Route Type – Select gateway.
Gateway – The gateway IP address. E.g.,
- Trust Level – Select the trust level. Use Untrusted for WAN connections,
- Route Metric – Enter the preference for the route. When two identical routes are present, the route with the lower preference is used.
- Click OK.
- Click Send Changes and Activate.
Step 2. Activate the Network Configuration
After you have configured the network route, you must activate your new network configuration.
- Go to CONTROL > Box.
- In the left menu, expand Network and click Activate new network configuration.
- Click Failsafe.
The gateway route is now active on the CONTROL > Network page. If the remote gateway no longer answers ARP requests, the route is placed in a pending state until the gateway is reachable again.