Create a network object containing an IP address, a reference to another network object, and a network.
Create a Network Object
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Configuration Tree > Box > Assigned Services > Firewall > Forwarding Rules.
- In the left menu, cli ck Networks.
- Click Lock.
- Right-click the table and select New. The Edit/Create Network Object window opens.
- Enter a Name for the network object. E.g.,
- In the Include Entries section, click + . The Edit/Create Include Entry window opens.
- For each Include Entry:
- Enter the IP address that should be included in the IP field.
- (optional) Enter the MAC address. This is evaluated only when the network object is used as the Source in an access rule.
- (optional) Enter the Interface. This is evaluated only when the network object is used as the Source in an access rule.
- Click Insert to add additional entries, or Insert and Close to insert when your are done.
- In the Exclude Entry section, add the IP addresses that should be excluded from the rule.
- Click OK .
- Click Send Changes and Activate .
You can now use the network object in your access rules. When creating or editing an access rule, click Object Viewer in the left menu to see a list of all available network objects.