To reset the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall F-Series to factory defaults, reinstall your hardware appliance with the USB flash drive that was shipped with the purchase. Download Barracuda Firewall Install and ISO image from the Barracuda Networks download portal. After a factory reset, all data on the firewall is permanently wiped.
Video: Resetting to Factory Defaults
In this video, you can see how to reset your hardware appliance to factory defaults.
Before You Begin
Before installing the firewall, you must have the following:
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive.
- Download Barracuda Firewall Install and the matching ISO image from the Barracuda Networks download portal.
- Verify that the appliance is supported for the firmware version you are installing. Check the migration notes for your release in the Product Information tab.
- Install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 on your computer to use Barracuda Firewall Install.
Step 1. Prepare the USB Flash Drive
Create a bootable USB flash drive using Barracuda Firewall Install.
- Insert the USB flash drive into an available USB port on your client.
- Launch Barracuda Firewall Install with administrative privileges.
- Select Auto Installation USB Flash Drive.
- Click Next.
- From the Write to USB flash drive list, select Yes.
- From the Save to list, select your USB flash drive.
- Click Next.
- Select the Format USB flashdrive check box.
- Click Next. The installation details window opens.
- Click Finish. The files are written to the USB flash drive.
- When the USB Drive Formatted Successfully window opens, click OK.
The USB flash drive is now prepared for installation.
Step 2. Reset the Appliance
Start the installation by inserting the USB drive and rebooting the CloudGen Firewall F-Series or Control Center.
- Safely remove the USB flash drive from your client.
- Plug the USB flash drive into your Barracuda Networks appliance.
- To reset the firewall:
- Hold down the power button for 5 seconds.
- Unplug the appliance and plug it back in.
- The installation begins automatically. Depending on the model, this may take some time.
- An acoustic signal indicates the successful installation.
- Remove the USB flash drive and reboot.