In cases when two completely identical Control Centers are running, you must generate a new ID on one of the Control Centers since each Control Center must have a unique ID. If you are backing up your productive Control Center and using the backup files to restore the configuration on a new Control Center for testing purposes (e.g., testing a new firmware), make sure that you create the new Control Center ID on the testing Control Center and not on your productive Control Center.
Before You Begin
- You need root access to your Control Center.
- You can log in either directly on the console of your Control Center or via SSH. For information on logging in via SSH, see How to Configure SSH.
Generate a New Control Center ID
- Log into the console of your Control Center, or connect via SSH to the box level of your Control Center.
- On the command line interface, enter
- Restart the CONF service on your Control Center. Enter
phionctrl service restart <servername> CONFon the command line interface, e.g.,
phionctrl service restart S1 CONF.
- (Optional) Verify that the CONF service is up and running again. Enter
phionctrl service show <servername> CONFon the command line interface, e.g.,
phionctrl service show S1 CONF.