You must enter the license token received from Barracuda Customer Services after you purchase your virtual firewall license. Barracuda Firewall Admin transmits the token to the Barracuda Licensing service and initiates the activation process. After completing the customer information form and accepting the EULA, your license is activated and automatically downloaded and installed on your unit.
Before You Begin
- Locate the license token in the email you received from Barracuda Networks Customer Services after purchasing your CloudGen Firewall Vx, AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure license.
- Barracuda Firewall Admin must be able to connect to the Barracuda licensing servers.
- If you are licensing a CloudGen Firewall, the firewall must be able to connect to the Barracuda licensing servers. Barracuda Firewall Control Centers do not need to be able to access the Internet because the licenses are downloaded and installed via Barracuda Firewall Admin.
- (optional) Barracuda Firewall Admin automatically uses the proxy address in the Windows registry. If a proxy is entered but disabled, Barracuda Firewall Admin still uses it. You can enter a proxy in Barracuda Firewall Admin by navigating to OPTIONS > Settings > Barracuda Activation > Proxy Settings.
Step 1. Enter the License Token
Use Barracuda Firewall Admin to log into the firewall.
If the password has not been set during deployment, use the default credentials to log in:
Default User –
Default Password –
Click the DASHBOARD tab, the General sub-tab, and locate the Subscription Status element.
- Click the arrow icon next to the Activation State entry and select Enter license token and activate the appliance. The Activate your Appliance window opens.
- Enter the license token.
- Click OK. The product activation window opens.
- Fill out the activation form.
- (Optional) Choose the option Save your customer data for later activations.
- Click Activate. After the activation process successfully completes, you will receive a notification email from Barracuda Networks.
- The firewall automatically downloads and installs the purchased licenses. The license state on the Dashboard > General page changes to OK.
Step 2. Check the License Status
Go to the CONTROL > Licenses page and verify that all of your purchased licenses are listed in the Active Licenses table.