To recover the Barracuda CloudGen WAN, format a USB flash drive and import the CloudGen WAN ISO image to the drive.
Before You Begin
Before installing the Barracuda CloudGen WAN, you must have the following:
- Empty USB flash drive of at least 2 GB, and no larger than 32 GB.
- Download Barracuda CloudGen Install application from the Barracuda Download Portal.
- Download the CloudGen WAN ISO image from the Barracuda Download Portal.
- You must install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 on your computer to use Barracuda CloudGen Install.
Step 1. Prepare the USB Flash Drive for Installation
- Insert the USB flash drive into an available USB port on your client.
- Launch Barracuda Firewall Install with administrative privileges.
Select Auto Installation USB Flash Drive.
- Click Next.
- From the Write to USB flash drive list, select Yes.
- From the Save to list, select your USB flash drive.
- Click Next.
- Select the Format USB flash drive check box.
- To import an ISO image, click Import and select copy ISO Image from your disk.
Select the ISO image on your disk and click OK.
- In the Installation Mode Settings section, click Import and import the Barracuda ISO image.
- Click Next. The installation details window opens.
Click Finish. The files are written to the USB flash drive.
When the USB Drive Formatted Successfully window opens, click OK. The USB flash drive is now prepared for installation.
Step 2. Install the Barracuda CloudGen WAN
Start the installation by inserting the USB drive and rebooting the CloudGen WAN.
- Safely remove the USB flash drive from your client.
- Plug the USB flash drive into your Barracuda appliance and then power the unit on.
An acoustic signal indicates the successful installation.
- Remove the USB flash drive from the appliance and reboot the unit.