Use retention policies to define the length of time you retain historic data based on daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly time intervals. Create retention policies for different sets of data.
Data backed up using Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup retention treats Sunday as the end of the week in accordance with the ISO data standard. Revision data is retained based on the date the file is removed. For example, if a file was backed up on January 1 and the retention policy is configured to hold onto data for 7 daily revisions, if the file is modified or removed at any point, the revision is held onto for 7 additional days after this action.
To retain weekly, monthly, and yearly revisions, Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup ages forward files that are not created specifically at the end of the week, month, or year to be recoverable as part of these revisions.
You can create one policy for all data sources or create multiple policies for different sets of data. Use the Backup > Retention Policies page to define content retention rules:
- Policy name – Enter a name to identify the policy.
Items to retain – Displays all data sources. Select all of the items you want to include in the retention policy, or click Apply to all to apply the retention policy to all Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup data sources.
Retention timeline – Define how historic data is retained.
- Timeline templates – Select from the pre-defined templates which you can modify, or create your own custom timeline. The Revisions timeline and Retention Calendar display the timeline based on the selected template.
Revisions timeline – Define how long to keep daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly backups.
Keep all revisions for – Specify the number of day(s) to keep all content revisions, or select never or forever.
- Keep daily revisions for – Specify how long to keep daily revisions. Specify a number of day(s), never, or forever.
- Keep weekly revisions for – Specify how long to keep weekly revisions. Specify a number of week(s), never, or forever.
- Keep monthly revisions for – Specify how long to keep monthly revisions. Specify a number of month(s), never, or forever.
- Keep yearly revisions for – Specify how long to keep yearly revisions. Specify a number of years(s), never, or forever.
- Retention Calendar – Display the timeline based on the values in the Revisions timeline. Click Show previous years to view prior year retention timelines.