A new version for Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup now features a redesigned user interface (UI) that is aimed at improved usability. With its new design, the Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup UI also brings new features and improvements. Over the past year, many customers have been running on the new version 3. Current customers can now be moved to this new version and experience the benefits that come along with it.
Highlights of Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3
- Backup and recovery of Exchange, OneDrive, and SharePoint data sources.
- New modern Cloud-to-Cloud Backup version providing faster backup and restore speeds.
- Redesigned user interface with faster page load time.
- Brand new account setup experience, from initial setup to starting your first backup, in less than 5 minutes.
- Enhanced search and filter options across Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams.
- Back up and restore data, including the following. Also see Understanding What Data is Backed Up in Office 365.
- Back up and restore items in SharePoint, including:
- All sites and subsites
- All libraries, lists, site pages, and wiki pages
- Files and folders
- Permissions on Sites, Subsites, and Lists
- Back up and restore Exchange archive mailbox data.
- Expanded backup and restore support for Microsoft Teams, including:
- Granular recovery
- Teams metadata including members and owners
- Teams channels (public and private) and their associated mailbox and site
- Office 365 group mailbox and site
- Back up and restore items in SharePoint, including:
- New support button to allow and control secure access to your backup data.
- Retention policies – Retention policies are currently not user configurable. All data is set to unlimited retention by default. The retention policy feature is planned for a future release.
- Scheduling options – The new Cloud-to-Cloud Backup platform currently supports 1 automatic backup per day. Multiple backups per day may be supported in the future.
- Barracuda Networks recommends following the automatic backup schedules. To change to a different backup schedule, contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support. The ability to set a backup time is planned for a future release.
- Email notifications:
- Email notifications can be set up through the Settings Page.
- Daily reports are available.
- Alerts are planned for a future release.
Get familiar with the new user interface and navigation of the new version before your account and data are moved.
- Take a tour of the new demo version https://www.barracuda.com/demos.
- Catch up on the latest release notes Version 3 Release Notes.
- Find frequently asked questions Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
To get started, use the following instructions to move your users to the new Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3.
- Log into Barracuda Cloud Control http://login.barracudanetworks.com/ as the account administrator.
- Click Home > Admin > Users ; the Users page displays.
- Select the user you want to move to the new Cloud-to-Cloud Backup version.
- Under Product Entitlements, select Cloud-to-Cloud Backup.
- Click Save User.
- Click the Home tab on the left-hand navigation menu to refresh the screen. You should now see the Cloud-to-Cloud Backup product in the list of products.
- Select Cloud-to-Cloud Backup. To continue setting up the latest Cloud-to-Cloud Backup version, Connect Your Office 365 Tenant and Configure Your Office 365 Data Source.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does it mean if I am asked for a serial number and linking code upon setup?
In some cases, the new version will require you to reactivate. You will need your serial number and the linking code for the product. If you no longer have your linking code, contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support.
What will happen to my data from Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 2?
Upon moving to the new version, Cloud-to-Cloud Backup will take a new full backup of your Office 365. The first backup is a full backup for the following reasons:
- Ensure there is a new full backup on the new version moving forward.
- Allow you to see the full dataset with improved speed and new user interface design.
- Include the new Teams data source.
The existing data on the current version will be merged in the background without affecting backups.
How long will it take to merge my data?
Depending on the size of the dataset, the merging of data can take six to nine months. Barracuda will provide communication at the start of the merge and provide updates during the process.
What if I need to restore data prior to starting Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3?
If there is a need to restore previous data from prior to moving to the new version, the previous Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 2 will need to be utilized. This is required until your historical data is merged in the future.
Do I turn off my existing backups on Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 2?
No, your current backups can run in parallel with your new backups. However, you may experience some inefficiency in the backup speeds as well as warnings as we may try to access the same items simultaneously. Once your initial full backup has completed on the new version, we recommend that you disable backups on the old platform to minimize any risk of additional throttling.
For more frequently asked questions about Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Version 3, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).