The process of activating Barracuda Backup Appliances now takes place in the ECHOplatform portal. Before proceeding with these instructions make sure you are familiar with the ECHOplatform Getting Started with ECHOplatform section, especially important is Creating Customer Accounts, as you will not be able to activate a Barracuda Appliance, without first creating accounts for your clients.
How to Activate a Backup Appliance
- At the ECHOplatform ribbon, click More Services, and then select Backup Appliances.
The View Purchased Backup Appliances page is displayed.
- Click the Activate button in the row of the backup appliance you want to activate to an account.
The Activate Appliance to Account pop-up is displayed.
Note: If any account address information is incorrect, you may be prompted to update.
- Click the down arrow to display the drop-down menu, and then select an account.
- Click the Confirm button.
When activation is completed, Enabled is displayed in the Appliance State Column.
- Your next step will be to configure the Backup Appliance. To do this click the Barracuda Cloud Control link.