Assigning Backup Appliances Options
Assigning to the subpartner is necessary only if there is a master partner/subpartner relationship.
A Master Partner must assign the appliance to the subpartner first before it can be activated on the subpartner’s accounts.
Then, a Master Partner can activate the appliances to either their own accounts, and/or directly to the accounts of any subpartners being managed. If activation is done directly to the account of a subpartner, it is then also automatically assigned to that subpartner. After an appliance is assigned, then a subpartner can also activate the account directly.
Assigning Backup Appliances to Subpartners
Note: If you do not manage subpartners as part of your business, skip this section and go to Activating Backup Appliances to Accounts that You Manage Directly.
To assign Backup Appliances to subpartners, perform the following steps.
- At the ECHOplatform ribbon, Click More Services, and then select Backup Appliances.
The View Purchased Backup Appliances page is displayed.
- Click the Assign button in the row of the backup appliance you want to assign.
- The Assign Appliance to Subpartner pop-up is displayed.
- Click the down arrow to display the drop-down menu, and then select subpartner.
- Click the Confirm button.
The subpartner is displayed on the appliance row you assigned and the appliance state is displayed as Assigned.