The Domains page displays all domains added to Email Gateway Defense for email processing. The Domains Manager table displays basic information about each of these domains. Click on a domain name to toggle additional details.
See also: Email Continuity Service
The Domain Name column displays the name of the domain. Click the domain name to toggle the primary, backup, and outbound MX Records configuration. The Domain Name column displays the Domain status as follows:
- – Indicates the Domain is verified and all MX records for the domain are pointing to Email Gateway Defense.
- – Indicates MX is not properly configured. Barracuda Networks MX records are missing or there is an MX record conflict.
- – Indicates the Domain is not yet verified.
Each of the domains where you want to filter email must be verified by Email Gateway Defense for proof of ownership; Email Gateway Defense does not process email for a domain until the verification process is complete. Click Verify Ownership in the Domain Name column to go to the Domains > Domain Settings page to complete the verification process, configure mail servers, SMTP over TLS, encryption, authentication, sender spoof protection, and other domain-specific settings.
If you aliased the domain to one or more domains already added and configured in the service, the number of configured domain aliases displays. Click to toggle the alias names. Click on a domain alias to view the inherited domain settings. Click the alias name to go to the Domains > Domain Settings page where you can view and modify the domain alias settings.
Recipients (Last 30 Days)
The Recipients (Last 30 Days) column displays the number of unique recipients seen in the last 30 days. Click on the recipient value in the column to view the Recipients List page which contains a list of the unique recipients seen in the last 30 days for the selected domain. Use this page to search a specific recipient or set of recipients, and navigate through the list.
The Mail Servers column displays the domain verification status. If you have configured mail servers for the selected domain, this value can be the smart host, mail server hostname (FQDN), or IP address, and if configured, the destination port. Click to toggle the Email Continuity Service status. If you have not completed the verification process for a domain, Unverified displays. Click Verify in this column, or click Edit in the Settings column to go to the Domains > Domain Settings page and complete the verification process.
If you have not completed the verification process, or if you wish to modify the domain settings, click Edit in the Settings column to go to the Domains > Domain Settings page.
Use this field to take additional actions. If the domain has custom policies, the flag () icon displays.
- Manage – Click to view the dashboard and configure inbound and outbound policies for the domain.
- Remove – Click if you do not want Email Gateway Defense to continue processing mail for the domain.
- Reset to global policies – If you have set custom policies on a domain (represented by the flag ( ) icon), click the domain name to toggle details on. Domain Specific Policies displays in the Domain Options field. To revert a domain back to the global settings, click Reset to global policies.