You can select to Block or Quarantine messages based on country of origin or language on the Inbound Settings > Regional Policies page, allowing you to reduce unwanted Inbound emails. Note that these settings apply to all domains you have verified in Email Gateway Defense for processing email, unless you change these settings for a specific domain. In that case, the domain-level settings override the global system settings.
Once you select a country from the drop-down menu and click Add, the ISO code for the selected country displays in the table. For a complete list of country codes, see Country Codes List.
When bulk editing countries for regional policies, use the ISO 3166 alpha 3 code. See the ISO Online Browsing Platform (OBP): https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search
See http://a4esl.org/c/charset.html for a list of widely used language character sets.
Exempt Sender Policies
You can exempt specific sender email addresses/domains and IP addresses from a country that you currently have as blocked or quarantined. Mail from these senders are still scanned for spam and viruses.
- Go to the Inbound Settings > Regional Policies page.
- Use one or both of the following:
- GeoIP Exemptions by Email Address/Domains – Enter the Email Address/Domain and optional Comment.
- GeoIP Exemptions by Sender IP Address – Enter the sender IP Address, Netmask, and optional Comment.
- Click Add in the Actions column, and click Save Changes.