Enable Journaling on the Barracuda Email Security Gateway
To enable simple journaling of every non-blocked inbound or outbound message that is delivered by the Barracuda Email Security Gateway, configure the following in the Mail Journaling section of the BASIC > Administration page:
- Enter a Destination Email Address. This address should be reserved only to receive these journaled email copies and not for receiving other types of emails. Note that no message body is available for outbound messages that are encrypted by the Barracuda Email Security Gateway. If you are using a Barracuda Message Archiver, see below.
- Enter a Bounce Address to which email messages will be sent that the Barracuda Email Security Gateway could not deliver to the journal account - either because the receiving server for the Destination Email Address was unavailable or because the server refused the message. In no event will a bounce message be sent to the original sender.
- Decide whether or not to journal all messages processed by the Barracuda Email Security Gateway, including potential spam. If you have enabled Per User Quarantine and do not want to journal messages that are quarantined, then set Do Not Journal Per-User Quarantined Email to Yes. This means that messages arriving in user quarantine inboxes will not be journaled at that time. If, however, the quarantined message is then manually delivered from the global Message Log, the domain Message Log, the Outbound Quarantine or the user's quarantine inbox, the message will be journaled. Setting this option to No means that ALL messages processed by the Barracuda Email Security Gateway will be journaled if you provide a Destination Email Address in this section.
Journaling to the Barracuda Message Archiver
- Enable mail journaling as described above.
- On the Barracuda Message Archiver, configure the IP address and TCP Port of your destination mail server on the ADVANCED > SMTP Configuration page so that incoming messages will be forwarded to your email server.
- How to Configure Your Barracuda Message Archiver to Act as an SMTP Proxy to Your Email Server
- Understanding Email Encryption and Archival
- Understanding Microsoft Exchange 2013 and 2016 Journaling
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and 2010 Journaling