Online Activation and Update
The Barracuda Email Security Gateway can automatically update its activation status. Complete the following steps to initiate the online activation process and update the system.
- Log into the Barracuda Email Security Gateway as the administrator. In a web browser, enter the Barracuda Email Security Gateway management IP address and default HTTP port (for example, http://192.168.200.200:8000/). Use the default admin credentials:
- Go to the BASIC > Dashboard page. Under Subscription Status, make sure the Energize Updates subscription displays Current. If the Barracuda Email Security Gateway can access the activation servers, your Energize Update and Instant Replacement subscriptions are most likely active. If not, a warning displays at the top of every page and you must activate your subscriptions before continuing.
- If the Energize Updates displays Not Activated:
- Click the activation link at the top of the page to go to the Barracuda Networks Product Activation page and complete activation of your subscriptions.
- Go back to the Subscription Status section of the BASIC > Dashboard page, and click Refresh to automatically update the activation status of the Energize Updates subscription.
Update the Firmware
Go to the ADVANCED > Firmware Update page. If there is a new Latest General Release available, do the following to update the system firmware:
- Click the Download Now button located next to the firmware version that you wish to install.
- Click the Apply Now button to install the firmware. This will take a few minutes to complete. To avoid damaging the Barracuda Email Security Gateway, do not manually power OFF the system during an update or download.
- After the firmware has been applied, the Barracuda Email Security Gateway will automatically reboot and display the login page.
- Log back into the web interface and read the Release Notes to learn about enhancements and new features. Verify settings you may have already entered, as new features may have been included with the firmware update.