The Barracuda Email Security Gateway is an integrated hardware and software solution designed to protect your email server from spam, virus, spoofing, phishing and spyware attacks. Outbound filtering and encryption options also prevent confidential or sensitive information from being purposely or inadvertently leaked outside the organization (Data Leakage Prevention). The optional cloud protection layer (CPL) shields email servers from inbound malware and DoS attacks while filtering out normal spam before it ever touches the network’s perimeter.
Where to Start
The selected deployment mode may depend on the email server configuration that currently exists at your site, as well as whether you want to deploy the Barracuda Email Security Gateway behind your corporate firewall or in front of your corporate firewall in the DMZ. Refer to Deployment Options for more information.
- Go to the Getting Started section, or
- Download the Barracuda Email Security Gateway Quick Start Guide.
- Spam and virus filtering, including:
- Global or per-user quarantine
- Prevents spoofing, phishing and malware
- Data leakage prevention (DLP) with outbound email filtering
- SMTP/TLS site-to-site encryption – see How to Use DLP and Encryption of Outbound Mail
- Invalid bounce suppression
- Policy enforcement for compliance and corporate policies