Licensing of the Barracuda Email Security Gateway after launching on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
After launching the Barracuda Email Security Gateway on the Amazon Web Services, the next step is licensing. To complete the licensing and provisioning of your Barracuda Email Security Gateway:
- Sign in to the Amazon Web Services Portal.
- Open the EC2 Management Console, and then click Instances.
- In the Instances table, select the Barracuda Email Security Gateway instance you created and note the Public DNS address.
Open the browser and enter the copied Public DNS (from step 3) with port 8000 for HTTP. No port is required for HTTPS. For example:
For HTTP: http://<Public DNS>:8000 (Unsecured)
For HTTPS: https://<Public DNS> (Secured)
After the boot process is complete, the Licensing page displays with the following options:
Verify Configuration and Change the Password
- Log into the Barracuda Email Security Gateway appliance web interface as the administrator using the IP address and port as described in step 4 of
above. Log in with:
- Username: admin
- Password: Instance ID of your Barracuda Email Security Gateway in Amazon Web Services.
- Username: admin
- Navigate to the BASIC > Administration page and enter your old password, new password, and re-enter the new password. Click Save Password.
Navigate to the BASIC > IP Configuration page and complete the following:
- Verify that the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway are correct.
Enter the Server Name/IP of your destination email server where you want the Barracuda Email Security Gateway to deliver mail. For example,
Verify that the Primary and Secondary DNS Server are correct.
Enter Default Hostname and, if you are using Hourly/Metered licensing option, Default Domain. The Host Name appears in reports, alerts, notifications and messages sent by the Barracuda Email Security Gateway. The Default Domain is the domain for the system and is appended to the Host Name. For example,
This is the name that will be associated with bounced messages.
Under Allowed Email Recipient Domain(s), enter each domain for which the Barracuda Email Security Gateway will receive email. Note that the Barracuda Email Security Gateway will reject all incoming email addressed to domains not specified here.
Continue with Configure the Web Interface.