Before you begin
- Create an Amazon Web Services account.
- Create a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) on Amazon Web Services. See Creating a VPC, Internet Gateway and Subnet.
- Choose either the BYOL or Hourly/Metered licensing option:
- Bring Your Own License (BYOL) – This option involves first obtaining a Barracuda Email Security Gateway license token, either by:
- Providing the required information for a free evaluation at https://www.barracuda.com/purchase/evaluation OR
- Purchasing online at https://www.barracuda.com/purchase/ . With this license option, there will be no Barracuda Email Security Gateway Software charges, but Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) usage charges on Amazon will be applicable.
Barracuda offers the same three models for both the Hourly/Metered and BYOL options as shown below. After obtaining your license token, visit the AWS Marketplace to continue the process.
- Hourly / Metered – In this licensing option, you complete the purchase/evaluation of the Barracuda Email Security Gateway entirely within the AWS Marketplace. Once the instance is launched, it will be provisioned automatically. In this option, you will be charged hourly for both the Barracuda Email Security Gateway Software and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) usage on Amazon. For pricing information, see the AWS Marketplace. Barracuda offers the same three models for both the Hourly/Metered and BYOL options as shown below.
Barracuda Email Security Gateway Virtual Appliance Instance Types on AWS
The table below lists the available Barracuda Email Security Gateway virtual appliance models, the corresponding Instance Type to be used in Amazon Web Services and the default CPU and Memory for the instance. You'll select the Instance Type in the next step in How to Deploy the Barracuda Email Security Gateway on Amazon Web Services.
|Barracuda Email Security Gateway Model||Old Instance Types||New Instance Types||vCPU||Memory|
BSF Cloud Edition – Level 3
BSF Cloud Edition – Level 4
|t2.medium, t2.large, m4.large, c4.large||2||7.5 GB|
|BSF Cloud Edition – Level 6||m1.xlarge, m3.xlarge||m4.xlarge, m4.2xlarge, c4.xlarge, c4.2xlarge||4||15 GB|
Continue with How to Deploy the Barracuda Email Security Gateway on Amazon Web Services for instructions on installation and configuration.