Energize Updates provide protection against the latest Internet threats. Updates are sent out hourly or, if necessary, more frequently, to ensure your Barracuda Networks product has the latest and most comprehensive protection. Additionally, Energize Updates includes:
- Basic support – 24x7 email support and phone support between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday in the US (Pacific Time), Japan, China, Austria and the United Kingdom time zones.
- Firmware Maintenance – New firmware updates with feature enhancements and bug fixes.
- Security Updates – Patch or repair security vulnerabilities.
- Early Release Firmware – Optional participation in the Barracuda Early Release Firmware program.
Purchase Energize Updates Subscriptions
An Energize Updates Subscription is mandatory with the purchase of any Barracuda Networks appliance to provide complete protection from the latest internet threats. Subscriptions can be purchased for one, three, or five year terms for a specific hardware platform.
Subscription Activation and Expiration
The Energize Update Service begins on the date the Barracuda Networks product is activated and expires based on the purchased service plan, e.g., exactly one year, three years or five years from the delivery date. Important: The BCC section (ADVANCED > Cloud Control page) will be disabled on the cloud side if the subscriptions expire.
You can upgrade from your purchased service plan. Y ou have 60 days from the date of purchase, either initial purchase or renewal purchase, to extend your subscription period.
Subscription Renewal - Before Expiration
Before the subscription expires,
- Purchase directly from Barracuda Networks – Contact Barracuda Networks at (408) 342-5400 or 1 (888) Anti-Spam, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (PT) to renew. You must have your product serial number available.
- Purchase from a Reseller – C ontact your Reseller who will coordinate your renewal.
Subscription Renewal - Expired
How to Renew
If your Subscription does lapse, you can still renew. However, it is important to note that the renewal starts from the expiration of the previous subscription term. For example, if you allow your Subscription to lapse for four months and then renew the Subscription for a one year term, you will have eight months on your subscription renewal. Once your Subscription is renewed, all updates, patches, and firmware releases you missed during the lapsed time period are applied, ensuring you get what you paid for: a 12 month subscription of updates and firmware releases.