Beginning with Barracuda Email Security Gateway 9.0, you can optionally get the latest firmware patches that may be available between firmware releases. These patches may include feature improvements, general fixes or security updates.
How to Get the Latest Firmware Patches
- Log into the Barracuda Email Security Gateway as admin.
- Go to the ADVANCED > Firmware Update page. In the Firmware Patches section, select one of the following for Apply Patches:
- Automatically: Select this mode if you intend to apply all the patches automatically on daily/weekly basis.
- Manually: Select this mode if you intend to manually apply all the patches available in the database.
- Disable: Select this mode if you intend to only update the system with newer patches, but do not want them to be applied. This is the default mode.
- Last Synchronized: displays the date and time when the system was last synchronized.
- Sync Now: synchronizes all the new patches in the database and displays them as a list.
If no patches are currently available, you will see the message "No patches made available by Patch Management Server."
For more information about this feature, click Help on the ADVANCED > Firmware Update page.