Beginning with Barracuda Email Security Gateway 9.0, you can optionally get the latest firmware patches that may be available between firmware releases. These patches may include feature improvements, general fixes or security updates.
How to Get the Latest Firmware Patches
- Log into the Barracuda Email Security Gateway as admin.
- Go to the ADVANCED > Firmware Update page. In the Firmware Patches section, select one of the following for Apply Patches:
- Automatic – Select this mode to check for patches on an hourly basis and automatically apply the patches. The patch updates can occur anytime within the hour. Note that if a reboot is required, the appliance will not reboot automatically. You will be prompted to reboot the appliance to complete the update.
- Manual – Select this mode if you intend to manually apply all the patches available in the database.
- Disable – Select this mode if you want new patches to be visible, but do not want them to be applied. This is the default mode.
- Last Synchronized – Displays the date and time when the system was last synchronized.
- Sync Now – Synchronizes all the new patches in the database and displays them as a list.
If no patches are currently available, you will see the message "No patches made available by Patch Management Server."
For more information about this feature, click Help on the ADVANCED > Firmware Update page.