In order to prevent the impersonation of our trusted brand and avoid any confusion and risk for our customers, Barracuda Networks is taking steps to harden our email-sending domains to enforce DMARC policy. This important measure will prevent the potential threat of an adversary looking to impersonate Barracuda Networks to cause any harm to our customers.
As we implement this control, we advise all of our customers to change their notification email address(s) and the SMTP server setting on their Barracuda Networks appliance(s) to use their domain/email address instead of 'Barracuda'. Please do so to ensure your email provider accepts your notification emails from your Barracuda Networks appliance.
Here are instructions to assist with the change:
- Go to the BASIC > Administration page.
- Scroll down to the Email Notifications section.
- Set the System Alerts Email Address to an address using one of your organization's domains, not '@barracuda.com'.
- Set the System Contact Email Address to an address using one of your organization's domains, not '@barracuda.com'.
- Click SAVE at the top right of the page.