Applies to Email Security Gateway models 300 and higher using Per-User Quarantine, all firmware versions.
If your users are not receiving Quarantine Summary emails from the Email Security Gateway, please check the following:
- Make sure the users in question have received a new quarantined email since the last set of Quarantine Summary emails were generated. Notifications for each user are only sent out if new messages have been quarantined for each particular user.
- Make sure the users in question have not logged into their quarantine account on the Email Security Gateway since receiving their last quarantined email. Notifications for each user are only sent out if each particular user is unaware of their new messages. If they've logged in and haven't since received any new quarantine messages, they will not receive a Quarantine Summary email.
- Ensure the Per-User option is selected as the Quarantine Type on the Basic > Quarantine page of the Barracuda's web interface.
- Check the Notification Interval option on the Basic > Quarantine page. If it has been set to Never, users will not receive any Quarantine Summary emails. Also check to see whether the individual user's Notification Interval has been set to Never, as these would override the global setting on the Basic > Quarantine page. You can view a user's Notification Interval configuration by going to the Preferences > Quarantine Settings page from their Quarantine Inbox.
- Check to see whether the individual user's Notification Address has been set to some other address. The notifications may be going to some other address. You can view a user's Notification Address configuration by going to the Preferences > Quarantine Settings page from their Quarantine Inbox.
- Go to the Basic > Administration page and see if anything has been entered into the Outbound SMTP Host/Smart Host field. If anything has been entered here, remove it. A misconfigured SMTP host will prevent Barracuda-generated emails like notifications, reports, and NDRs from being delivered, and the Email Security Gateway does not need one - it has its own robust MTA with which to send email.
- On models 400 and above, check the Domains > Edit Domain page for each domain to make sure the Per-User Quarantine option is set to Yes. The per-domain settings take precedence over the global settings.
- On models 400 and above, the quarantine notification deliveries are recorded in the Web GUI Syslog on the Advanced > Syslog page. By configuring this to work with a syslog server, you can record the delivery attempts and timestamps to make sure your mail server is not rejecting the notifications.
Link to This Page: