All Email Security Gateways currently in a cluster and not running the most recent firmware version, models 400 and above.
Each Email Security Gateway in a cluster must be on exactly the same firmware version. This means that the boxes must update their firmware together. Before you update the firmware, you should create a back up of all of your configurations using the Advanced>Backup page of any Email Security Gateway's web interface.
Upgrading v3.5 -> v4.x:
When updating the firmware from 3.5 to 4.x, it is recommended that you:
Break the cluster, update the firmware on all Spam Firewalls individually to the same firmware version, and then put the devices back into a cluster.
Refer to Solution #00001492 for information on how to cluster two or more Email Security Gateways.
Upgrading v4.X and above:
- Log into each unit in the cluster.
- Go to the Advanced->Firmware Update page.
- Download the firmware to all units (DO NOT APPLY).
- Go to the Advanced>Clustering page on each unit.
- Set all systems to Standby status.
- All units will continue to process mail in this state. They will just no longer "talk" to one another. When you set the units back to Active after the firmware update they will "catch up" on their clustering tasks.
- Wait for the unit to reboot (a constant ping to the unit is a good way to tell when it reboots).
- Check the Advanced->Firmware Update page to see if you are at the current release version of the firmware.
- If you are too far behind in firmware updates you may have to download and install again to catch up.
- If that is the case just download and install the current release shown.
- If your version is current proceed to step 12.
- If the unit is correctly processing mail, repeat steps 6 through 14 for the other units in the cluster.
- Log onto each unit.
- Go to the Advanced->Clustering page.
- Set all systems to the Active status.
All units should show a status of GREEN.
Link to This Page: