Applies to all Barracuda Spam Firewall deployments that have a Plesk email server as a destination, firmware versions 3.5.11 and above.
When somebody sends an email message to an email address that does not exist under your domain, the Plesk mail server will by default accepts the email, processes it, and when it finds out that there is no such a recipient under that domain it will return the email back to sender with a this address no longer accepts mail notice.
You can choose to:
- Change the default notice if you do not like it
- Forward all such mail to a desired, catch-all email address
- Reject such mail without accepting it and without notifying the senders
To configure the site-wide settings for handling mail to nonexistent users on a Plesk mail server, follow these steps:
- Click the Domains shortcut in the navigation pane.
- Click the required domain name in the list.
- Click Mail.
- Click Preferences.
- Choose a desired option and specify the information as required.
- Click OK.
For more information on how the Barracuda Spam Firewall interacts with destination mail servers when performing recipient verification over SMTP, see Solution #00003521.
Link to This Page: