All Barracuda Spam Firewalls, and Email Security Service.
In active directory there is no password for a distribution group so there is no way to use LDAP AD to login to a Barraccuda Device or Service. This is a Microsoft issue. They designed distribution groups without a password.
Examples of what you can do to get around this problem.
For Spam Firewall:
1. Set the quarantine notification address for the distribution group to a moderators address.
2. Using the quarantine notification they can login with the links in the email (these only last a few days)
3. A local password can be created for the distribution address allowing local login to the Spam Firewall.
For the Barracuda Email Security Service:
1. Using the quarantine notification they can login with the links in the email (these only last a few days)
2. You might want to turn off quarantine notifications as all uses in the group will get this notification.
The best option is to turn off quarantine notifications.
Link To This Page: