The Barracuda Outlook Add-In supports Outlook version 2016, and Outlook Web Access (OWA) running on Windows and Mac OS. Note that the UI may vary depending on the device you are using to access the Add-In.
Note that the Add-In is not currently available on mobile devices.
For setup details, refer to How to Manually Add the Barracuda Essentials for Email Security Outlook Add-In.
Use the Outlook Add-In to access your messages and send encrypted messages via Outlook 2016 or OWA.
Once the Add-In is installed, you can take the following actions with messages:
Encrypt and send emails;
Mark messages as spam and sent to Barracuda Networks.
Send Encrypted Messages
Encrypt outbound messages for secure message transmission. To encrypt an outbound message,
- Log in to Outlook or OWA, and select to create, forward, or reply to a message.
- Click the Barracuda Essentials logo;
- OWA – Click Apps in the message pane, and click the Barracuda Essentials icon.
- Outlook – Click the Actions panel displays in the right pane.
By default, Encryption Off displays. Click to toggle Encryption On. The panel closes and the encryption attachment is added to the message:
When the message is encrypted, the Encryption () icon displays at the bottom of the message.
When the message is not encrypted, the Encryption Off () icon displays at the bottom of the message.
- Complete your message, and click Send to send the encrypted message.
Submit as Spam
- Log in to OWA, and click the Barracuda Essentials logo in the Microsoft ribbon.
- Click the Submit as spam () icon. The currently selected message is submitted to Barracuda as spam and moved to the folder specified in your Spam Preferences.